article thumbnail

5 point memo to PR about Twitter from a survey of 2,000 journalists (to get the best results from PR, you must put effort into Twitter)

Sword and the Script

A survey by Muck Rack found 78% of journalists say Twitter is the most valuable network; 7 in 10 journalists still use Twitter to find sources Too many organizations treat PR and social media as separate things. Yet year after year and study after study show reporters and journalists are active and engaged on Twitter.

Twitter 126
article thumbnail

Join the #PRStudChat Community for a State of Healthcare Communications Twitter Chat on February 17th

Deirdre Breakenridge

ET, the #PRStudChat community will participate in a Twitter chat discussion focused the state of healthcare communications. We’ve invited a few special guests to join our discussion who will share their expertise on healthcare issues and the many advancements that we’ve seen in communications. Event PR 2.0

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Future of Twitter

The Proactive Report

The major social networks (Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter) have been fairly stable for the past five or six years. That might be about to change -Twitter just reported a dismal Q4 for 2016: 16 cents per share on revenue of $717 million. So what does this signify for the future of Twitter? Journalists on Twitter.

Twitter 235
article thumbnail

Guest Post: How Twitter Became My Platform of Choice

Deirdre Breakenridge

We joined the worldwide movement, “Everyone Should Learn to Code” with a community outreach program, #EveryoneCanCreateApps. Since it wasn’t resonating with editors, I decided to try Twitter. Determined to get results, I taught myself Twitter in one weekend. Using Twitter makes me smarter.

Twitter 208
article thumbnail

The #PRStudChat Community Discusses Creative #PR on November 17th

Deirdre Breakenridge

ET, the #PRStudChat community will gather to discuss Creative PR and how smart PR today requires a combination of creative storytelling, powerful visual imagery and data-driven decision making. Here’s a little more information on our PR experts: Heather Whaling : Heather Whaling is founder/president of Geben Communication.

article thumbnail

Despite Twitter backlash, the Patagonia climate action resonated where it mattered

NewsWhip

Patagonia has always been at the forefront of corporate climate activism, and that continued last week when Patagonia founder Yvon Chouinard transferred ownership of the company he founded to a charitable foundation and pledged that all profits from the company would go towards fighting climate change. . Patagonia praised for climate efforts.

Twitter 78
article thumbnail

Fostering Collaboration and Empathy between Men and Women in Business with Stacy Kehren Idema

PR for Anyone

In her appearance on the podcast, Stacy discusses the challenges that women face in the corporate world – namely, the prevalent perception that women are vying for a controlled and limited share of success. She also reflects on her own journey, from breaking free of corporate constraints to embracing entrepreneurship.

Instagram 130