article thumbnail

A Year-Round Commitment to the PRSA Code of Ethics

PRSay

In a letter to members at the start of 2023, PRSA Chair Michelle Egan, APR, Fellow PRSA, outlined her priorities for the year, including: “Amplifying our Code of Ethics to ensure that not only our members, but also our entire community at large know what professional communications should entail.”

Ethics 167
article thumbnail

Allegory report examines emerging corporate digital risk

Stephen Waddington

A report by Allegory sets out the urgent need for organisations to act on issues related to Corporate Digital Responsibility (CDR) and proposes a framework to support planning. I’ve been working with the team at Allegory to explore the issue of Corporate Digital Responsibility (CDR).

Corporate 141
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Power of Corporate Communications in the Beauty and Wellness Industry

5W PR

In the beauty and wellness industry , corporate communications play a crucial role in shaping brand perception, establishing credibility, and fostering customer trust. Social media engagement builds a sense of community and fosters a loyal customer base.

article thumbnail

United we Brand? Top Reads on Corporate Activism

Flack's Revenge

I’m a cynic and question the motives behind most corporate activism. The corporate entity is obligated to care only about itself and to define what is good as what makes it more money,” he writes in the essay. And corporate persons are the most powerful people in our world.”. Boardroom Sociopaths. A Few Final Thoughts.

Corporate 198
article thumbnail

One key PR ethics lesson from the Pulse nightclub shooting – Ann Marie Varga

Ethical Voices

Pete area, but I’ve worked in agencies, corporations, and my experience spans a variety of industries including academia, banking, government, healthcare, tourism, and utilities. Thinking about your career from circus to healthcare to agency, what is the most difficult ethical challenge you ever confronted?

Ethics 91
article thumbnail

How Can Businesses Create A More Ethical Environment – Erica Salmon Byrne

Ethical Voices

She was one of the first people I interviewed when Ethical Voices launched in 2019, and I figured it was time to have her back, particularly because Ethisphere recently released an updated list of the World’s Most Ethical companies. What are the top ethics issues facing companies? It has a couple of component pieces.

Ethics 70
article thumbnail

In Memoriam: Joe S. Epley, APR, Fellow PRSA

PRSay

Epley, APR, Fellow PRSA, a decorated PRSA leader who was a friend and mentor to many members and champion for the ethical practice of public relations, died suddenly in his South Carolina home on Nov. Epley helped establish professional, ethical public relations in Russia shortly after the collapse of the former Soviet Union.

Ethics 164