Remove Communications Remove Community Remove International Remove Storytelling
article thumbnail

More on PR2020: social media activism, internal comms resurgence, storytelling and professionalism

Stephen Waddington

There were some clear misses in my original essay: social media activism, internal communications, storytelling and professionalism in PR. The resurgence of internal communications Internal communications is one of the hottest areas of contemporary PR. I’ve developed each of these themes below.

article thumbnail

The 22 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

Whether you’re a new PR assistant or the Director of Communications, the core of your job revolves around using news and content to put forth your brand’s desired messaging. Our job descriptions tell us what we’ll be responsible for in a given public relations or communications role, but we rarely reference the J.D.

Training 195
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Discovered by Porsche: the Art of Storytelling

Presspage

Recently Jasper Koek , formerly PR and Content manager at Porsche Nederland , shared his approach and dilemmas when setting out to attract new audiences for Porsche Nederland during a knowledge session for communication and brand professionals organized by Presspage. This way, Porsche can build their own community and control their data.

article thumbnail

10 Takeaways From PRSA’s 2018 International Conference

PRSay

Austin, Texas, was the backdrop for PRSA’s International Conference this past week. The theme: “Communications Convergence” covered a range of topics including conflicts, creativity and client relationships. ” — Stella Low, vice president of communications, Dell. Natan Edelsburg, COO, MuckRack.

article thumbnail

A Journey of Pro-Aging and Reinvention with Diane Britt-Smith

PR for Anyone

The Broadcasting Years Diane has gained a multifaceted skill set with her extensive background that includes radio, television, film, communications, and broadcasting. Among her favorites are narratives focused on polio eradication and HIV/AIDS mitigation, where she witnessed the resilience of communities facing significant challenges.

article thumbnail

The 21 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

Whether you’re a new PR assistant or the Director of Communications, the core of your job revolves around using news and content to put forth your brand’s desired messaging. Our job descriptions tell us what we’ll be responsible for in a given public relations or communications role, but we rarely reference the J.D.

Training 370
article thumbnail

Exploring Best Practices in Global Communications

PRSay

I threw myself into understanding mandarin and Chinese history and reveled in getting to know the community. My two-year assignment in Beijing extended to 11 years in China where I also led corporate communications for Ford Asia Pacific. Our list grew, but included: We’re journalists and storytellers. We’re diplomats.