Remove Brand Remove Community Remove Public Affairs Remove Sports
article thumbnail

Astroturfing has no place in modern public relations or public affairs

Stephen Waddington

Propaganda has no place in modern public affairs or public relations. Community building on Facebook is often used by brands and organisations as a means of building support for a campaign. Astroturfing should be called out in the strongest terms. Transparency is critical to avoid claims of conflict of interest.

article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Ashley Simmons

Cision

It made sense that I should be in the nation’s capital to study public affairs and obtain more real-world experience, so I moved to D.C. It made sense that I should be in the nation’s capital to study public affairs and obtain more real-world experience, so I moved to D.C. I’ve never looked back. Maybe, but maybe not.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Event Sustainability — The Triple Bottom Line

Landis PR

Organizations are still hosting events to meet business goals but in a more responsible way, but now we are planning with consideration about how the event will impact investors, partners, and attendees, but also its workers, the local community, and the planet. Do Sustainable Events Cost More?

article thumbnail

Just Divided over Nike's New Ad

Mindful Marketing

The two-minute “Dream Crazy” ad is a well-produced spot that features footage of inspiring amateur athletes, as well as a couple of the brand’s superstar spokespeople. The last game he played was in January of 2017, but Kaepernick has since become the face and voice of a movement that extends well beyond professional sports.

Sports 50
article thumbnail

The Value Of A Global PR Network

Landis PR

This is a community where they can openly talk about that. That creates a very close, and I must say an intimate, atmosphere where members talk very freely about their business, about their headaches, about things that they are tired of, and things that they see as possibilities and can’t tell if it’s a real possibility.

Agency 59
article thumbnail

How Big Data Will Modernize Your Crisis Communications Plan

PRSay

For every enterprise, brand or organization, a crisis always looms as a persistent — yet inevitable — threat on the horizon. In today’s digitally-fueled world, the tiny spark of a crisis can erupt into a massive fire overnight, leaving a corporate brand and reputation in a heap of smoldering ashes. Sign up here.