Remove Brand Remove Community Remove International Remove Sports
article thumbnail

More on PR2020: social media activism, internal comms resurgence, storytelling and professionalism

Stephen Waddington

There were some clear misses in my original essay: social media activism, internal communications, storytelling and professionalism in PR. Social media activism: brands don’t listen In 2012 Steve Earl and I wrote a book called Brand Anarchy. Brand shaming has become commonplace. It is enjoying significant growth.

article thumbnail

Entertainment & Sports Section New Member Spotlight

PRSay

Isabelle McLemore – Senior Director, Global Corporate Communications, UFC. Coming out of college I came across an opportunity as a communications intern at Tennis Canada. What we like to remind everybody that we are a very young sport. It went from being a spectacle to being a sport. It’s not for everybody.

Sports 68
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Lionesses now worth millions in sponsorship, say PR experts

Mark My Words

The Guardian The Lionesses are poised to increase their sponsorship value tenfold after their win on Sunday, PR experts have predicted, with individual players likely to secure lucrative brand deals and endorsements worth millions of pounds. Another 87,192 fans saw them live at Wembley stadium.

Sports 60
article thumbnail

PR Rock Stars: Minnesota Timberwolves’ and Lynx’s Kirsten Wenker

Communications Conversations

Working for an amateur or professional sports team has always been a dream of mine. It’s finding ways to tell the stories of everything we’re doing as a company, including our efforts in the community, executive visibility, marketing campaigns, corporate partner activations, arena upgrades and our business growth.

Sports 113
article thumbnail

Lockdown creative industry awards 2020

Stephen Waddington

In any normal year, this week would see the start of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. There's no need for industry awards for at least 12 months. I've written up the winners across all categories. Creative, marketing and PR industry events have either been postponed or moved online for at least 12 months.

article thumbnail

Tips for Promoting Your Special Event

Landis PR

After a year and a half of (mostly) virtual events, many places around the world are offering in-person events, from concerts to lectures to wine fests and sports. Are you hoping to drive brand/company awareness? As speakers and panels were confirmed, we distributed press releases to national, international and trade media.

Local 98
article thumbnail

Discovered by Porsche: the Art of Storytelling

Presspage

With an overflow of information vying for the spotlight, brands must adapt their strategies to stand out amidst the noise. Especially when faced with the task of engaging individuals who may not inherently express interest in a particular product, the question arises: how can brands forge lasting relationships with these audiences?