Remove Blogging Remove Community Remove Facebook Remove Local
article thumbnail

Facebook is local media

Stephen Waddington

Local Facebook pages and groups are replacing local media according to research from Braintree, Essex. By Dan Slee If there’s one thing I can tell you it’s that Facebook groups and pages in a local area are huge. A Facebook group set-up by two people banned from a pub. Facebook is not just a global platform.

Local 60
article thumbnail

Facebook is local media

Stephen Waddington

Facebook pages and groups are replacing local media according to research from Braintree, Essex. By Dan Slee If there’s one thing I can tell you it’s that Facebook groups and pages in a local area are huge. Exploring a community In September last year I set about counting the Facebook groups and pages in Braintree.

Local 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Blog Contest Winner: How The FEEL Model Can Get You Closer to Your Goals

Deirdre Breakenridge

A Guest Post By Keke Ellis, American University Grad Student, FEEL Blog Post Winner. Back in 2014, I made a comment on Facebook about the movie Dear White People. But I do believe LinkedIn is important, and it may be beneficial for me to have at least one of the big accounts (Twitter, Facebook) for professional use.

Blogging 239
article thumbnail

Facebook Unfriends News, and it’s a Shame

Flack's Revenge

I had to smile when I read that Facebook’s reducing news content in the newsfeed. Mark Zuckerberg wrote on their blog “our time is better spent bringing people closer together… public content… is crowding out the personal moments that lead us to connect more with each other.” Look, I get it, Facebook is a business.

Facebook 120
article thumbnail

How to Tap Into Culture for Travel PR Strategies

5W PR

PR professionals must thoroughly understand the local culture, traditions, history, and values of a destination. Stories that feature local artisans, ancient traditions, festivals, and daily life offer a genuine glimpse into the destination’s soul, creating a connection with travelers.

Travel 78
article thumbnail

What A Dog’s Cancer Taught Me About Community

Waxing UnLyrical

The reason we went away was the reason most blogs go away , either temporarily or permanently. Other things take priority over the time one spends blogging, tweaking, editing, linking… and when there is a team of bloggers to manage, that is a lot of time, even if one has help. Through Facebook. This is not an ode to Facebook.

Community 105
article thumbnail

The sit-down restaurant chains making headlines in 2023

NewsWhip

To keep the link to our previous blog we’re also going to include Chick-fil-A for comparison, as the chicken restaurant faced some drama this week. engagements on Facebook and Twitter. For context the top two recipes had more Pins on Pinterest than all of the articles combined had engagement on Facebook and Twitter.