Remove Blogging Remove Community Remove Corporate Remove Facebook
article thumbnail

Two Lessons TikTok can Teach Facebook

Mindful Marketing

It’s been hard to find news feeds recently that haven' featured Facebook. Francis Haugen is a 37-year-old data scientist and Harvard MBA who has worked for a variety of top-tier social media firms for 15 years, including a two-year tenure at Facebook. “Facebook has set up a system of incentives that is pulling people apart.”

article thumbnail

Running Corporate Communications and Social Media

wiredPRworks

He earned a bachelor’s degree from Central Michigan University in Economics and a master’s degree in Communications Management from Syracuse University. When Allan was Executive Director of Corporate Communications at CME Group, Barbara worked with Allan to produce several Social Media Club Chicago events at CME Group.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Monday Roundup: Building Your Business Community

Waxing UnLyrical

Having a strong community is one of the most important aspects of business. This week’s roundup includes seven posts that are good reads on both maintaining as well as building your business community. How To Be A Better Facebook Community Manager. So You Think You Want to be a Community Manager?

article thumbnail

Facebook is local media

Stephen Waddington

Facebook pages and groups are replacing local media according to research from Braintree, Essex. By Dan Slee If there’s one thing I can tell you it’s that Facebook groups and pages in a local area are huge. Exploring a community In September last year I set about counting the Facebook groups and pages in Braintree.

Local 60
article thumbnail

Facebook is local media

Stephen Waddington

Local Facebook pages and groups are replacing local media according to research from Braintree, Essex. By Dan Slee If there’s one thing I can tell you it’s that Facebook groups and pages in a local area are huge. Exploring a community In September last year I set about counting the Facebook groups and pages in Braintree.

Local 60
article thumbnail

What A Dog’s Cancer Taught Me About Community

Waxing UnLyrical

The reason we went away was the reason most blogs go away , either temporarily or permanently. Other things take priority over the time one spends blogging, tweaking, editing, linking… and when there is a team of bloggers to manage, that is a lot of time, even if one has help. Through Facebook. This is not an ode to Facebook.

Community 105
article thumbnail

Monday Roundup: Blogging

Waxing UnLyrical

Blogging is a great way to start conversations, share ideas, and build your online community. Whether through guest posts or original content on your own site, blogging can help your brand gain traction (I mean, just look at me!). So this week, the roundup features seven posts from around the web that focus on blogging.