Remove 2012 Remove Community Remove Newspapers Remove Pitching
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Cristina Commendatore, Editor in Chief of FleetOwner

Bianchi Biz Blog

I covered Hurricane Sandy in Connecticut in 2012. That was my first experience really using social media and the publication’s website to break news and keep residents in the community informed. Our newspaper ended up winning an award for our reporting. What advice do you have for PR people that want to pitch you?

Meeting 59
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Vesna Brajkovic, Managing Editor of Heavy Duty Trucking & TruckingInfo.com

Bianchi Biz Blog

I’ve written a story at least once a week since 2012 when I walked into the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater’s independent, student-run newsroom unannounced asking for an assignment. By the end of my junior year I was running the paper, and one of my stories got picked up by a local newspaper. What is the motive behind this pitch?

Meeting 81
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Vince Bond, Reporter at Automotive News

Bianchi Biz Blog

I started writing in eighth grade for my middle school newspaper in 1999 and was hooked from there. I completed six internships at various outlets in Michigan and Ohio before getting hired at Automotive News in 2012, my first full-time gig. What advice do you have for PR people that want to pitch you?

article thumbnail

Facebook’s Current Woes Symptomatic of Raging Content Saturation

PRSay

You could optimize a news release, and Google News indexed it just the same as an article from a real newspaper! Then in 2012 they took the company public and revenue actually mattered. Get more media pitching knowledge from Michael Smart here. 2011 — Facebook follower numbers seemed to grow on their own.

article thumbnail

Talking About the Great Outdoors: Q&A With Acclaimed Storyteller Baratunde Thurston

PRSay

Thurston is a speaker at PRSA’s Travel and Tourism Conference, held June 20-23, at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in Madison, Wis. Are CVBs and other tourism groups pitching you now to come and visit? The closest comps are my 2019 TED Talk and my 2012 memoir, “ How to Be Black.”