Remove 2012 Remove Community Remove Local Remove Media Relations
article thumbnail

An $8 Billion Lesson in Strategic Decision-Making

PRSay

Qualtrics was just another growing company in the community. Starting in 2012, they’d make announcements about big investments from venture funds that valued them around $500 million, and then things would go back to normal. Michael Smart teaches PR professionals how to dramatically increase their positive media placements.

Software 107
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Cristina Commendatore, Editor in Chief of FleetOwner

Bianchi Biz Blog

Also on our radar these days is anything related to electric trucks, charging infrastructure, and fleets’ efforts to reduce carbon emissions and improve fuel economy. I covered Hurricane Sandy in Connecticut in 2012. I covered everything from town politics, police, fire, education, town budgets, and local happenings in the community.

Meeting 59
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Changes in journalism impacting PR

Prakkypedia

The report stated: “The committee was particularly struck by the number of journalist jobs that have been lost in the last few years, which some evidence suggested was approximately 3000–3200 positions between 2012 and late-2017. There’s a common thread to that list, of course: social media.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Vesna Brajkovic, Managing Editor of Heavy Duty Trucking & TruckingInfo.com

Bianchi Biz Blog

I’ve written a story at least once a week since 2012 when I walked into the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater’s independent, student-run newsroom unannounced asking for an assignment. By the end of my junior year I was running the paper, and one of my stories got picked up by a local newspaper.

Meeting 81
article thumbnail

The Value of Strategic Communications in the PRSA MBA/Business School Program

PRSay

And nine out of 10 acknowledged more training in core communications disciplines is merited. These deficiencies helped inspire the PRSA MBA/Business School Program , which launched in 2012 with five pilot schools including the Tuck School of Business and the Kellogg School of Business. Faculty talk trends and current events.

article thumbnail

Industry Consolidation Continues Among PR Vendors; PR Tech Sum: Onclusive, SocialChorus, Teletrax, iQ Media, Agility PR Solutions

Sword and the Script

I’ll include news from the PR vendor community and review and curate content they produce ( like this ). More and more, PR needs a little paid budget to use strategically to earn media (targeting) and to get more value after you earn it. million in venture capital, in four rounds of funding since 2012, according to Crunchbase.

article thumbnail

Entertainment & Sports Section New Member Spotlight

PRSay

I was able to jump in there with the media relations and publication relations teams at a time the country was on fire with Olympic pride and the Olympic movement was more popular than ever. Using local resources is huge. It was a really great time to be a part of the organization.

Sports 60