Remove 2012 Remove Community Remove Journalism Remove Local
article thumbnail

Changes in journalism impacting PR

Prakkypedia

In a recent PR Daily post , Mike Schneider wrote of the ‘4 ways journalism changes are affecting PR’. The Australian Senate Select Committee on the Future of Public Interest Journalism released its findings in February 2018. While based on the US experience, the piece has relevance for the Australian PR practitioner.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Cristina Commendatore, Editor in Chief of FleetOwner

Bianchi Biz Blog

I covered Hurricane Sandy in Connecticut in 2012. That was my first experience really using social media and the publication’s website to break news and keep residents in the community informed. How long have you been in journalism and how did you get started? Describe the craziest or most fun story you have written.

Meeting 59
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Acting Ethically Means Going Beyond Performative Action – Candace Hamana

Ethical Voices

I got my start in public relations, interestingly enough, doing political campaigns and community organizing back in South Carolina in 2007. I felt very compelled and impassioned with the work that I was doing in the communities in the South, the hotbed of retail politics. I was in charge of being the liaison to tribal communities.

Ethics 82
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Vesna Brajkovic, Managing Editor of Heavy Duty Trucking & TruckingInfo.com

Bianchi Biz Blog

How long have you been in journalism and how did you get started? I’ve written a story at least once a week since 2012 when I walked into the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater’s independent, student-run newsroom unannounced asking for an assignment. It was an internal struggle deciding because I felt my heart was in community stories.

Meeting 81
article thumbnail

20 of the Coolest Marketing Conferences to Attend in 2020

PR 20/20

Media and journalism. You'll connect with an incredible community of experts and uncover tactical advice from industry-leading practitioners in the vast world of SEO, mobile, conversion optimization, local search, and more.”. Topically, this event covers a lot of ground. Experiential storytelling. Professional development.

article thumbnail

PR Rock Stars: space150’s Morgan Hay-Chapman

Communications Conversations

She’s not satisfied unless she is literally dominating the local PR and digital marketing arena! I also am fascinated by the evolving world of journalism and I got a front row seat to the changes and struggles facing that industry. First and foremost the community of people involved in MIMA is fantastic.

Meeting 60
article thumbnail

How to Get On in New Communications: Be Nice

ZudePR

For me, as a local government employee, there are clear political boundaries. Ann Handley is a Wall Street Journal best-selling author (Everybody Writes), keynote speaker, and the world’s first chief content officer (MarketingProfs). Rich started PRexamples.com in January 2012. “I share to be part of a community.