Remove 2012 Remove Community Remove Crisis Communications Remove Local
article thumbnail

Remembering how 9/11 Changed the World – and Communications

wiredPRworks

Twenty years ago, today, we remember how 9/11 changed the world – and communications. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. We needed to find ways to communicate quickly, accurately and effectively. Backpack communications was the most reliable and quick route to homes.

article thumbnail

Remembering how 9/11 Changed the World – and Communications

wiredPRworks

Twenty years ago, today, we remember how 9/11 changed the world – and communications. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. We needed to find ways to communicate quickly, accurately and effectively. Backpack communications was the most reliable and quick route to homes.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

The Value of Strategic Communications in the PRSA MBA/Business School Program

PRSay

And nine out of 10 acknowledged more training in core communications disciplines is merited. These deficiencies helped inspire the PRSA MBA/Business School Program , which launched in 2012 with five pilot schools including the Tuck School of Business and the Kellogg School of Business. Faculty talk trends and current events.

article thumbnail

Conference Recap: Reaching Rural Americans, Preventing Social Media Crises and Using the PESO Model

PRSay

8–10: Breaking Misconceptions About Communicating With Rural Americans. When PR professionals target people in poor, rural communities, relying on stereotypes and misconceptions often hinders their campaigns, said Deana Rachelle Haworth, M.A., 10, titled “ Rural Reach: Strategic Communication With Rural and Low Income Audiences.”

article thumbnail

How September 11 Impacted PR and Email Communications

wiredPRworks

In 2012, I wrote an update on a previous post with thoughts on how the September 11 attacks immediately reshaped community, public relations and communications. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. We needed to find ways to communicate quickly, accurately and effectively.

article thumbnail

Reflecting on 9/11 Anniversary #NeverForget

wiredPRworks

Today, I'm posting an update on a previous post with thoughts on how the September 11 attacks immediately reshaped community, public relations, and communications from my perspective as an education communicator. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. 2011 Update.

article thumbnail

Maximising resilience of health and well-being assets in crisis situations

PR Conversations

Catherine: We do a great deal to educate practitioners on the practical aspects of managing a crisis but rarely do you encounter a crisis plan which addresses the need for support for people involved with crisis communication. Indeed, I’ve found this line of thinking in a WHO report from 2012 ( [link] ).

Crisis 63